Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Fun Hot Pads...

While I was decluttering/organizing the sewing room I found two of the hot pad kits and interfacing, so I decided to make something useful for the kitchen. Hot pads are always a useful item and my current ones are not looking so good with burns and holes. Based on the post where I made the last hot pad, I'm guessing age has a little bit to do with it.   Here's the pattern used:


This is the Folded Star Hot Pad by Plum Easy Patterns.  This pattern will give either a round or a hexagon hot pad.  I used to the interfacing for the hot pads which make the placement a little easier:


The interfacing templates are printed with everything you need to create the hot pads.  There are two packages - a 3 pack and a 12 pack.  There are also blanks and templates available.

I also used a prairie point pressing tool


Here are my results:


They will be very useful at my house.  

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment