Monday, January 4, 2021

Inspiration...Crop Jacket

 Here is to a new year of inspiration.  Let's start with a jacket:


This is the Lafayette 148 Scarlet Velvet Jersey Cropped Jacket.  Price tag: $598.00.  Details: Open front, long sleeves, relaxed silhouette, cropped above hips.

This looks reminds me a little of french couture jacket.  I really like this look.  The high-waisted jeans with a tucked in white blouse, and a belt.  I will admit that I prefer a dark jean.  Here is a pattern to create a similar look:


This is the Seamwork Lilliana jacket pattern.  I think you get a very similar feel with this jacket pattern as with the inspiration photo.  Changes could be made to round the corners and to add pleating at the sleeve.  This is a tiny bit of patternwork.

I looked around at the Big 4 but was unable to find a pattern closer to the inspiration pattern.  I found several that looked very close to the Seamwork pattern.  Let me know if you find a pattern that is closer and I will add it to the post.

Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment