Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Pant Muslin #3 - Sally's Pant

This is my third muslin but the first muslin in this size.  I ditched the size 18 as I felt that it was just tight and I didn't really have enough seam allowance to let it out. The new size that I chose is a 22w.  Even though the size makes me feel huge, I realize that I'm not a skinny chick anymore.  So, here we go:


Here's the front straight from the pattern. It's not too bad.  You can see the tuck that will need to happen near the waistline.  I think I still need a little bit of room in the high hip/belly area.  I will be letting out the front seam a little bit.


Here's the back straight from the pattern.  It's not too bad.  Certainly not any worse than a purchased pair of pants.  You can see the tuck from the front is wrapping to the back this will be a dart that goes all the way to the center back seam.  What can't really see in the picture is that there is two or three inches of extra fabric around the back waist.  I will make the darts a little wider/shorter and the back side seam a little bit bigger.


Here I have pinned out a hipline dart.  Doesn't that leg look much better?


Here I have pinned out a dart across the front.  It looks a little better.   After this picture was taken, the photographer said that it looks a little funny under that dart on the right.  I pinned a wee bit deeper seam and asked if that was better.  The answer was yes.

Unfortunately, this isn't stash fabric.  It also isn't a fabric that I would use to make a pair of pants.  I was unable to locate any non-stretch pant fabric.  Oh, I found suiting on-line that would have been suitable but $15/yard is a bit steep for a muslin.

I will be taking this round a bit slower.  I'm not going to be showing the stitched darts till the next post on the muslin.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment