Saturday, June 2, 2018

Sewing Room Reoganization...

It seems like a long time ago that I wrote the post about landing in my new house and the post about the new room color.  The new room color is wonderful.  It makes me happy to go into the room.  For fabric organization, the fabric folding method work well for longer pieces of fabric and you can view a little bit of my handy work here.  Those pictures only show about 1/2 of my stash.  The remainder is stash in other rooms and at my storage unit.  Yes, the fabric in the storage unit is carefully packed so nothing should be able to get into it.  The ruler organization has been perfect and I do return items to their place when I'm finished using them.

The things that haven't worked so well has been the scrap fabric organization which was also mentioned in the fabric folding method post.   Now, the really big thing that hasn't felt right and that is the general layout of the room.  I have been fighting hard not to put the "L" shaped desk directly in a corner but have decided that is the only way the room is going to work.  Yes, this means a lot of moving of stuff.  Specifically, a large bookshelf.  However, by doing this I will be able to install much needed lighting in the sewing area and perhaps more shelving above the sewing area.  I think that is a win.

This is will be the second moving on the desk for the sewing machines.  I'm fairly confident that this will work this time.  If I'm happy with it, I will share pictures. 

Have you had issues with getting your sewing area arranged well?  What did you do to correct any problems?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment