Monday, June 4, 2018

Inspiration...Cardigan

Cardigans are a useful piece in the closet.  At one time, I had many cardigans in my closet but not so much anymore.  Here's a Neiman Marcus version:


This is the Soft Touch Open Cardigan.  Price tag $145.00.

I'm thinking I need to add a few more neutral cardigans to my closet. The colors would be black, navy, and charcoal gray if I get around to it.  The real question is should the same pattern be used for all three cardigans or mix it up and use different patterns.  Using the same pattern would result in less fitting time.  Here are some pattern ideas:


This pattern would be ideal for the inspiration picture.  The neckline is a little bit different but I think it would be just fine.  I really like the tailored look of this.  This pattern also comes with a darted front.   A plus here is that this pattern is already in my stash.


This pattern would work for the inspiration photo.  This is a classic cardigan pattern with a shell. The neckline is not the same but with a little bit of pattern work you could change it to look just like the inspiration picture.  Again, this pattern has darting.  A plus for this one is it is also in my stash.


This is the Sweater Set by Loes Hinse Design.  It is a classic cardigan pattern with a shell.  The neckline on this one matches the inspiration photo.  You can see this pattern on the Casual Elegance website.  This pattern is also in my stash.

I think I need to go through the knits stash and see if there is anything appropriate in the colors that I want in it.  I obviously have the patterns.  I just need to decide whether or not to use them all or just one.

Do you have a favorite cardigan pattern?  How has it worked out for you?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment