Monday, June 11, 2018

Inspiration... V-Necked Dress

A dressy dress is rather hard to find.  At least, in the places that I tend to frequent.  Check out this lovely dress:


This is Bottega Veneta V-Neck Short-sleeve Pintucked Embroidery Dress with Rope Belt.  Price tag:  $2,460.00.  This is a must see dress.  Head over to Neiman Marcus and zoom in on the bodice.  Absolutely lovely!

This dress is far outside my price range but a girl can dream.  I'm not sure how the pintucks are accomplished on this dress.  If you figure it out, let me know.  Adding embroidery would be fairly easy.  Finding a pattern to match this dress was a definite challenge.  So many dresses are made for stretch fabrics and I don't believe this dress is.  I finally found this pattern:


I think you could get this pattern to work but using the V-neck from View A with the sleeves of View B.  The skirt needs a little more width but that is fairly easy to do by slashing and spreading. You would just need to decide how much hem circumference that you wanted.

Hope you're inspired to sew and try something new!

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment