Thursday, October 12, 2017

Days are sliding by...

...and I want to sew but my sewing area isn't ready yet.  The new sewing room has been painted and has new flooring.  Here's another glimpse:


Looks a little better than the lavender room with the tan carpeting.  I will not miss any holes or crayon drawings on the walls.

I'm still in disbelieve on the amount of fabric that I have but have slowing been working through the boxes and re-folding the fabric. i have found some really beautiful fabrics hiding in my stash.

 I'm using the ruler method for folding the fabric and it seems to work well for both fashion fabric and quilting fabric.  Although it does seem to work a little bit better with items that are 45" or less in width.

I'm trying really hard to make my space work for me.  Currently, all of my machines have made it into the room.  Some are out on display and some are in the closet.  I'm trying to use the same desk that I have had in my sewing area for years.  In the past, I have two sewing machines and the serger on that desk but for now I'm setting it up with one sewing machine and the serger.  It will definitely feel less crowded with this set-up.  The previous set-up never slowed me down and I can certainly bring out one of the other machines should I decide to do some embroidery work.

Off to fold more fabric.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment