Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Knitting Cables, Third Sample....

I've finished the third sample in the Exploration in Cables class.  Here's my sample:



What I learned:

1.  An alternative cable cast-on
2.  How to do a cable without a cable needle. 

I also continued to practice tightening the first stitch between a knit and purl, tightening up the last stitch on a row, and reading a knitting chart. 

Overall, I liked the cable cast-on.  It was a nice stretchy cast-on and I can see use for it.  However, i didn't really like doing a cable without a cable needle.  It is nice to know how to do a cable without using a cable needle but I found it very tiring to do.  It was far too easy for me to drop stitches.  I might use this technique in the future but I'm not sure.

On to the next lesson.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment