Monday, January 15, 2018

Inspiration....

I enjoy checking out Neiman Marcus from time to time.  Today, I found a wonderful jacket:


I need a need jacket for spring.  This particular jacket is water proof and wind resistant.  The fabric is cashmere and nylon.  Doesn't it sound luxurious?  Unfortunately, it is priced at $3,615.  That is a wee bit out of my budget.  I think I will see what I can to make similar jacket.  By the way, if you are interesting in looking at the jacket, it is the Loro Piana Wind Stretch Storm Freetime Jacket.   

In the pattern stash, I have the following pattern:






I think this will do a fair job duplicating the inspiration piece.  Now, I need to locate some fabric.  Although I have a huge fabric stash, I know that any type of water proof / wind resistant fabric is not part of it.  Any suggestions on where to locate this type of fabric in the US?

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. For fabrics, try the Green Pepper website. Then when you phone them to order, you'll be talking to a very knowledgeable person who can steer you to the right fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information. It has been a very long time since I ordered anything from the Green Pepper website. Off to checkout the fabric types that are available.

      Delete