Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Tempatation....

Ah, yes, I'm always tempted by patterns.  I have a huge collection to prove it.  I don't really need another pattern but this past week I purchased Pants...Perfected by Pamela's Patterns.



I've heard good things about this pattern from wardrobe experts.  So, I decided to give it a try.  Pamela is known for having patterns for the more mature figure.  I fit squarely into that category.  It took about a week for the pattern to arrive.

To my surprise, there aren't really any instructions in the pattern.  Not that that is a big issue because there is a DVD on fitting and sewing with the pattern.  My surprise came in the fact that the "Pants for Real People" book by Pati Palmer and Marta Alto is highly recommended.  The DVD and the limited pattern instructions refer back to this book.  Needless to say, I was happy that I had this book in my library.

Currently, I'm watching the DVD.  Hopefully, in the next month, I can work through the fitting with this pattern.  I have tons of fabric and there are many pieces that would work out perfectly for the classic pants in the pattern.  Shhh! Don't tell my husband but the other pant styles will most likely require fabric purchases.  Maybe I'll just stick to the classic pant for now but the Magic Pants look like they would be very comfortable.

Have you tried this pattern?  How did it work out for you?

Currently, there are two other projects in front of this but they should be finished by the weekend.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment