Friday, July 29, 2016

It's De-Stashing Time....

I admit it.  I'm a collector of all things sewing related - patterns, fabric, books, magazines, tools.  However with the eye to the future, it is time to start de-stashing all the lovely things that I have collected.  So, with that in mind, I have opened a new Etsy store called "Darla's Closet".  It's only been open about a week but I have been added new things almost on a daily basis.  Check it out and remember to check back often.

I am having a little bit of a hard time with this. I don't really want to get rid of stuff but I do need to be realistic in that I don't want to move it across country when the time comes.  I don't know how I will be able to part with my growing machine collection.  Maybe I will get lucky and the new house will have the space needed to store them or maybe I will decide that I don't really need a Singer Featherweight with all of the attachments that I've collected or the potted motor Singer.  How could I possible get rid of Grandma's treadle?  Do I really need all those Viking machines?  There are going to be a lot of decisions that need to be made.

Have you moved across the country and had to make decisions about the stash?  How did you tackle the issue?  Any advice.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment