Monday, August 1, 2016

Pictures of Hawaii...

I finally have a few pics to share of Hawaii.  We were there only a couple of days on our way to Australia.  We landed at 5:30 in the morning.  First thing we did was change from our travel clothes, and find breakfast.  Then we headed over to the Pearl Harbor to visit the USS Arizona Memorial.  Here's a few pictures;











This was a very sobering experience.  I can't really describe how I felt.  We didn't spend a lot of time there as we were allowed only the amount of time it took for another boat to  arrive. I was shocked to see that fuel was still leaking.

On to a little bit of the beautiful scenery:


Taken at a park on Oahu.


Along the Kamena Highway.


At the beach.


Sunrise at the beach.


Who can resist a great rainbow shot?  This one actually looked like it ended up at the house of our hosts.


At another park, Waimea Falls.


Torch Flowers.  A type of ginger.

Hope you enjoyed a glimpse of Hawaii.  I know that my husband has only started working on the photos and that there are many more. It takes a long time to get through 2500 photos.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment