Monday, August 8, 2016

Sydney and the Whales....

Our first day in Sydney was a beautiful late fall day.  My husband mentioned that he really wanted to go see the whales but knew that I might not want to go.  In general, I don't like the water much.  Oh, I'll get in it and do fun water things but sometimes there are huge panic attacks.  I stopped and talked to the captain at one of the whales tours.  I asked how the water was and explained that occasionally I would have panic attacks.  He said that water was calm for a late fall day and that he had a spot in the middle of the boat for me.  We went whale watching with no panic attacks.  The water wasn't as calm as I would have liked it but I was in the middle of the boat.  Here's some of our whale pictures:










I can't say if these young humpback whales are all in the same pod because we saw three separate pods while we were out.  The whales didn't come right up to our boat but they came fairly close.  It was wonderful to see these magnificent creatures.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment