Friday, May 22, 2009

Projects are being planned...

I've ordered the fabric for two new projects (along with the skirt that I planned earlier). Here's the skirt / scarf that I'm wanting to recreate:


This can be found at Neiman Marcus under causal skirts. I'm really like the look of this outfit. I'm going to recreate with the colors I want. The fabric is a peach color. I hope I like it when it arrives. I have found an embroider design for the skirt. I just need to figure out how to use the endless design hoop to get it design embroidery on. I have also found a FSL design for the edges of the scarf. I have had my machine for almost a year and have yet to embroidery at home with it. This project should get me started in a big way. The pattern that I plan to use for the skirt is Loes Hinse Design Trio skirt A. I would be putting in gathers instead of the pleats. I hope it works.



For my birthday, I received a rocker for the front porch. The rocker needs a cushion and pillow. So, I went in search of fabric and found these lovely fabrics at Pink Chalk Studio. This is the first time I have ordered from this company but I don't think it will be the last. Fantastic customer service. The stripe will be for the cushion and the floral will be for the pillow. The picture looks nice. I hope that I like the combo when it arrives. I will be working on a pattern for the cushion while I'm waiting on the fabric to arrive. The pillow will be just an 18" square w/piping. Maybe I'll do a tutorial on the zipper.

Why is it that new fabric can really get the creative juices flowing? I wish that I had had some perfect fabric in the stash for this but my huge stash is mostly fall and winter clothing fabric with a little bit of boy fabric mixed in. I do need to work on reducing the stash but I want to enjoy some fine summer sewing too.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment