Monday, May 25, 2009

More project work

Last night, I spent more time on the embroidery. I rinsed out the Pellon Wash-n-Gone and much to my surprise both designs turned out well.

The design on the left is a FSL design and the design on the right is a lace design embroider on the tulle.

Here is a second Abir Motif stitched out on 2 layers of super solvy. It has been a very long time since I have stitched anything on solvy and this turned out well.
This afternoon I started drafting the patterns for the cushion for the rocker and the pillow. The pillow is a basic 18" square. Above is the change that I'm making to reduce the dog-eared look. I hope it works.

Here are the dimensions: 18 1/4" square , moved the corners in by 1/4" and used a curve to redraw the lines. That is the front of the pillow. The back of the pillow will have a zipper so the pillow will have two pieces. Since I wanted the zipper to lay very close to the piping, this is the dimensions that I used: narrow piece is 1 1/2" wide x 18 1/4", the wider piece is 18 1/4" x 18 1/4". This will give the narrow piece a 1/2" seam and a 1/2" turn back zipper. The wider piece has a 1/2" seam and a 3/4" turn back for the zipper. I have already proofed the drafted pattern and it looks like it will work. I still need to decide where the velcro tab will be located and how long the tab will need to be. The width will just a little bit wider than the velcro.
The cushion front has been drafted. I now need to draft the back with a zipper. I will use a similar technique as above to create the lapped zipper.
Happy Sewing!


  1. Beautiful embroidery, almost makes me want to venture into a whole new world, with embroidery machine and a whole new stash!!

  2. Thanks! I'm still playing with the embroidery machine. The embroidery is very addictive.