Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Another Itch To Stitch Foz Top...

 The Itch To Stitch Foz pdf pattern has been one of my favorite patterns since it came out.  You can see my favorite late fall/winter/early spring version here.  This version is going to short sleeved.  Here is the fabric that I chose:


You can read more about this fabric here. It says that I purchased 1 1/2 yards but it sure seems like there is more fabric than that.  I used approximately 1 1/4 yards.  Drum roll...here is my lovely new Foz Top with the Love Notions Allegro Pants that I made in May here:


Here is the same Foz Top with black pants and sandles:


My sewing machine just did not produce a stitch I was happy with so I did pull out the coverstitch machine to finish the hems.  It was challenge because I have not even looked at the coverstitch machine in a couple of years.  I know shame on me.  However with the help of youtube, I was able to get it threaded first try.  Then it was off to play with the tensions and differential on scrap fabric.  You know both of these were a challenge as well.  First try on the actual garment ended up wavy, so I changed the differential.  Any one else find the coverstitch machine a challenge?

Overall, I am happy with the results.  The fit of the top in the the ITY knit feels closer than the fit of the top in the ribbed knit.  I know it is the difference in the fabrics.  Next time, I will give myself a little additional room at the sides.  I also see that I really need to increase the bust dart and do a small sway back adjustment.  It definitely makes me want to get rid of the belly as it is a bit clingy. I do tend to avoid the ITY knits for that reason.  I will wear my top as the weather permits.  Maybe I can figure out how to slim the belly so the top does not have as much to cling to.

Happy Stitching!

(I am an Itch to Stitch affiliate.  If you purchase through my link, I would get a small commission. Thanks you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment