Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Decision Made...New Machine Is Here

 After a great deal of dithering, I finally made a decision on a machine.  I purchased a Bernette B77.  Here is a picture:


This machine will primarily stay at my parents house since I spend so much time there.  Currently, my Singer Featherweight is staying there and yes, I have been using it to sew.  

I will periodically share things I learn about the B77.  My first thing will be to work through the mastery workbook.  I will also be creating a stitch bible.  I just need to order fabric and interfacing.  The mastery workbook and the stitch bible may go hand and hand.  I have read through both the workbook and the manual.  

There is going to be learning curve.  Technology has a way of throwing new stuff at you and it have been 14 years since I have even thought about another machine.  Different brands of machines display that technology in different ways.  With this machine, I am hoping for a great buttonhole.  I have not had a machine with a good buttonhole on it since I had my Necchi Logica.  

One of my little buddies decided to hang out with me while I unboxed the machine:


Here are the additional goodies:


The goodies from the goodie bag - bobbins, presser feet, needles, and tools.


The cover and table that came with the machine.  The cover is actually fairly substantial.  It is standing up by itself.


I also ordered the additional presser feet for the machine.  I will order some additional bobbins and maybe the straight stitch plate. I think that is everything that can be purchased for the machine.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment