Monday, June 14, 2021

Inspiration...Sleeveless Shirtdress

 A sleeveless shirtdress sounds wonderful on a hot day.  Here is a sleeveless shirtdress that is a little different:


This is Lafayette 148 New York Serena Sleevless Shirtdress.  Price: $598.00.  Details: Approximately 35 1/2" from shoulder to hem, collared neckline,  button placket, sleeveless, shirring (gathering) below waist, a-line silhouette.  Here is another glimpse without a person:


I think this shows the silhouette a little better.  I am not sure how I feel about the gathering right at the hip.  Since we sew, it is easy to decide the ratio that you prefer.  This would very much depend on the fabric.  Now, for my favorite part of this dress:



I love this little bit of hem detail.  The shirtdress from this inspiration post also had this detail around the sleeve.  I love seeing these little heirloom sewing techniques showing up.  I actually have a hemstitcher for my featherweight.  Maybe it is time to bring it out and play.

Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment