Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Bendy Bag....

As part of a gift for a relative, I decided to make a pair of the Bendy Bags by Lazy Girl Designs. 


Here is my effort:


I thought that they turned out fairly well even with the issues that I had.  I am unsure of how long it actually took me to complete these little bags because I worked on them over a couple of days. 

The fabric was a joke on my part.  This particular relative had asked for $1M dollars and one of the bills on the fabric is a $1M bill. 

I did draw out the pattern pieces for this project.  I did cut out the pieces individually.  Next time, I will stack all the fabric and cut out in one swoop.

Things that I found confusing in the directions:

1.  The zipper - The instructions for the zipper application were good.  What a found a bit confusing was that the supply list says that the zipper size is 14" or longer but the directions are written for a 14" zipper only.  Once I realized that the zipper diagram was representing a 1" grid, I figured out how long the second cut on the zipper was suppose to be and where the stitching on the zipper was suppose to be.  I also missed the bit about the zipper casing and had to redo that part. 

I think that was the only part of the instructions that I had any issues with.  Fortunately, all issues were correctable.

I may make these again.  Little bags to organize stuff in are always needed. 

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment