Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Happy 2016!   I can't believe it is already a new year.  What's a new year without resolutions?  Here are a few that I think I can keep:

1.  Sew more - I'm in the middle of the Alletare mystery quilt.  The reveal happened today but I do intend to finish up.  I'm about 50% finished.  I also intend to make my son a quilt to take along to college.  That will need to be finished by May.  I would also like to make a few things for myself and gifts.

2.  Clean up the sewing room!  Why is it that the sewing area becomes the spot for all the junk?  I'm going to follow along with the 30 Days of Sewing Room Organizing over at Patchwork Posse.  Maybe that will help get things going and I can move back into my sewing area from the basement.

That's it for resolutions.  Do you think that is doable?  I hope it is.  My sewing area is a complete mess right now and I'm not 100% sure how it happened.  Maybe I should add another resolution:  Finish what I start and then clean up when I'm finished.  Is that possible when working quilting and clothing?  Wouldn't they run into each other?  Maybe I should figure out some storage containers that will help contain the mess.

Do you have an sewing related resolutions?

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment