Monday, January 11, 2016

Early Spring Vogue Pattern release.....

I just noticed that Vogue Patterns has the early Spring patterns up.  There appears to be a lot volume in the release.  Sometimes, I like the look of a full skirt but not this round.  Here are my picks;


This is V1494.  It is a Today's Fit pattern by Sandra Betzina.  I'm not so sure about the vest option but I do like the look of the coat.  One thing to note on this pattern, it gives the number of square feet for leather should you want to do that option.


This is V9169.  This is a nice looking pull over top.  The seam detailing is what grabbed my attention.  I could see myself wearing this but in the stripes.


This iv V1469.  It is a Donna Karan design.  I love all the detailing on this dress.  Also, I like the way it has been styled.  I will say that this isn't a pattern I would purchase.  I think it is meant for a little younger crowd than me but I can still admire it.

So, what do you think of the early spring release at Vogue Patterns?  As I stated earlier, there is a lot of volume and I really prefer a straight skirt on me.  The other thing that I noticed was some of the items looked like sacks on the models.  Maybe a belt would make those items look less sack like but I really don't see how that type of top would be flattering on anyone.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment