Sunday, January 29, 2012

The machines work...

Today, I cut out the muslin squares and cotton batting for the Superior University Razzle Dazzle lesson. Along with the Razzle Dazzle, I also received a spool of the Bottom Line thread. I completed the testing with the Bottom Line thread. The Bottom Line thread reminded me of Mettler Seralene (formerly known as Metralene). I also wound the Razzle Dazzle on the bobbin but that is where I got a little nervous about the bottom case. I don't want to mess up the tension on the bobbin case and I do not own a specialty bobbin case. Has anyone else used the specialty threads in the bobbin case of Viking without the specialty bobbin case?

Happily, the floral fabric I washed yesterday did not fade. I am hoping to get the cotton fabrics ironed tomorrow. I'm not sure that I have a zipper that is at least 14" long so that may slow down the pillow project but I can everything cut out and perhaps, get the front embellished. The sleep shirt for my son will need to draw out. This will require some measurements from my son. The pattern I'm using is from Buckles and Bobbins sewing book for boys. I got it thinking that I could interest my son in sewing a little bit but I realize that is not going to happen.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment