Saturday, January 28, 2012

Drum Roll Please....

The machines are plugged in and it feels good. Last night, I worked on organizing thread and buttons. Does polyester thread get old? I did toss a few spools that had very little thread on them. I'm sure that I originally kept them to do mending but really how many spools do you need. I'm still working on the buttons as I have many. I'm putting them in jars and intend to use them as a decorative element in my room. It seems every time I move something I find more thread. At least most of it is little spools not large ones. I did find that I have a few spools of different thread. As in, outdoor thread and then decorative thread. I'm not sure how I'm going to go about organizing those. The decorative thread may even go in one of the embroider thread cabinets.

Here's a picture of the Razzle Dazzle:

Doesn't it dazzle you? I'm not sure what color it is but the spools states for bobbin work, couching, and serger. I do think that the project has you doing something different that that. However, I would like to play with this thread in the serger.


I went to JoAnn's today and purchased the black fabric in the picture below:


In going through the stash, I found a piece of Star Wars fabric and asked my son if he was still interested in the fabric. Surprising, he said "Yes". He wanted me to make a sleep shirt. Since there was only a little over a yard of the Stars Wars fabric available, I had to purchase the coordinated black. We'll see how creative I can get with the two fabrics. Hopefully, I have enough. It will be a simple v-neck pull over. My son is tall - 6'+ but he is still a kid and needs to be able to indulge in that once in while.


The fabric below will be my version of one of the projects from the "Make It Sew Modern" book by Vanessa Christenson.


I'm using her ideas as a jumping off point. It will still be girly. I'm hoping that my ideas work as well as her project did. Her samples used pinking shears or a pink blade in the rotary cutter and I do not have either one.


By the way, I'm hoping that the blue floral will work OK. I rarely purchase the cotton "quilting" fabrics from JoAnn's because I do not have much luck with them. Generally, the dyes run and I end up with something ugly. This fabric is in the washer right now. If it doesn't work out, I will be returning this fabric and visiting a nearby quilting store. I know that I own a store but I don't have any prints that are what I want to use. Well, let me clarify. Any prints that I want to use for this particular project. Believe me, when I say that plenty of fabric has followed me home from my little shop/office. I love everything that I purchase.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment