Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's 2012....Happy New Year!

Well, 2012 has me busy in my sewing room. I have promised myself that I'm going to sew at a minimum of every Friday night. It remains to be seen whether or not this will occur. I have finished one project that was started last year. The body pillow cover that I started sometime last fall is finished. I have now put the new comforter, pillow shams, and body pillow on the bed. A great way to start off the new year.

My first efforts this year are going to be to finish the decorative pillows to match the new comforter. The fabrics were washed today. Now, they need to be pressed. Then, I need to decide what type of pillows I want. I have three fabrics - 2 solids and 1 stripe. One pillow is going have a machine embroidery feature on it. I have picked out the design now I just need to play with the colors. I'll post pics when they are done.

The remaining projects for January are:

1. 2 Christmas tablecloths - I never seem to have enough tablecloths for the holidays and I really do like using them.

2. Silhouette Lana Jeans - I cut this out in November or December and never got back to it. I'm hoping they work out.

3. A knit top of some kind. There is a sew along starting at Stitcher's Guild and I think I'm going to try to sew along in an unofficial capacity. The sew along is for 1 top a month. I know it sounds doable but we'll see. I don't know what pattern I'll be using but I do think I'm going to use a cotton/lycra fabric that just arrived at my store.

Also, I started the year with purchasing some new patterns. There's a sale going on and I couldn't resist. Here's my purchases:


This is Vogue 8715. I'm specifically interested in this jacket shown above. This pattern also has the Custom Fit option which I'm hoping will help with any fit issues.

This is McCalls 6519. This pattern I'm interested in the the dress and the skirt. The short sleeve top might be of interest also.





This is Butterick 5429. I'm only interested in the short sleeve top on this pattern.


Well, that's it for now.


Happy Stitching!




No comments:

Post a Comment