Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Little Bit of This & That...

Yesterday, I did nothing sewing wise.  Not that I didn't want to.  There just wasn't anywhere to squeeze it in.  I had had new tires/wheels/sensors put on my car over the weekend and as expected, the sensor went off after driving a few miles.  However, when the car was returned Monday to get the sensors reset another sensor went off that was a little bell that rang about every second (of course, it waited till a few miles had been put on the car).  It was much more annoying that the flashing light of the previous sensor problem.    Needless to say, that I spent 1 1/2 hours at the tire place while everyone was trying to figure out why the sensor wasn't resetting properly.  Now, if we can just figure out why the new hub cabs won't stay on.  For now, every time I get out of the car I check to see if the three remaining hub cabs are loose.

Tonight, I scrubbed the walls of the fish tank.  This is my son's fish tank and yes, I'm the one who cleans it.  We have an algae problem and I try to clean the tank at least every two weeks..  I hoping tomorrow I will be able to clean the bottom of the fish tank removing a couple of gallons of water.  This is not my favorite job to do.  My son WILL help with this as it is a two person job.

Tonight, I was able to get the PJ top traced.  I need to double-check the length of the top and the sleeves but the basics have been taken care of.  Hopefully, tomorrow I will get the fabric pressed and work the top (after the fish tank is cleaned).  I still need to figure out how I'm going to arrange the fabrics as the top as traced required 1 3/4 yards of fabric and I have 1 1/4 yards of the star wars fabric and 1 yard of the black cotton.  Would like it good to split the front with the star wars fabric on one side and the black on the other and maybe some star wars applique on the black half?  The sleeves may be another issue.  I may need to do some piecing on this also.  I'll know more fabric I tissue fit the pattern on my son.  I'm fairly certain that I will need to add length.  I know once I figure out the details the sewing will be quick and easy.  This is a beginner's pattern and I have made it before. 

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment