Monday, May 2, 2011

Still dreamin' of sewin'

No sewing going on yet but I did get the lining fabric for both of my skirts orders - a white lawn. I hope I picked the right fabric. I also ordered fabric to try the Draped Cardigans - Draped Front from Pamela's Patterns. Both should be here by the end of the week. This gives me a total of 4 projects to complete -- two skirts and two tops. Let's see if I can get them done this year. I really wanted to have a couple of items made before I left on my next trip but .... I guess I need to have a little more confidence in myself.

Did anyone see the Threads article "Flatlock for Fashion" by Pamela Leggett. I loved what she did with the flatlocking on her skirt and t-shirt patterns. I started playing with this stitch a couple of years ago and ran out of steam. I did accomplish making a blanket-stitch on a fleece throw. I was happy. Now, I will like to give this a try on a t-shirt. Let's see if I can make time to do this in the near future. I will admit that I hesitate to use too much of a thread contrast but let's see what I can come up with.

I found another goodie in the mailbox today..... Inspirations #70. I love getting this magazine and actually have every issue. I have made a few things from the magazine but I mostly drool over the pictures and think about ordering kits. Ok, I've opened it and the front cover is wonderful. It is crewel work.

Happy Sewing! (or in my case dreaming)

No comments:

Post a Comment