Friday, April 29, 2011

It's a dreary day but the mail came...

We are having a very dreary day in Pittsburgh. When I got home from work, the mailbox was packed with goodies and most of them were for me. How could I not smile and be happy? I received my orders from Silhouette Patterns today in record time. One order was placed on Tuesday evening and the other on Wednesday morning. The fabric is beautiful and the patterns I hope work out. I'm ready to start except I still need to get lining for the skirts. What patterns did I get? Amy's skirt (#2750) and Nancy's blouse (#450). It was a special that included fabric.

I also received a DVD - Achieving Great Fit Through Muslins. I want to learn to use my French curve. Oh, I use it but I don't think that I use it exactly the way it's suppose to be used. This is one of the items that Peggy has been going over. I realize that she is an "expert" in her field but I think finally understand the use of the French curve around the armhole, neckline, and the waistline. I had a major AHA moment the other night when she would working with the skirt webcast. So, here I am with sewing stuff piled around and I'm happy.

I was looking at the pattern instructions for both the top and the skirt. Wow! they are really minimal. However, neither item is particularly difficult and really shouldn't be hard to do. I think the hardest part will be figuring out the sizing on the top. I think I should get some inexpensive muslin and see what I can come with.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment