Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Too hot to sew?

Ack! Another hot day! It's suppose to cool down a little bit over the next couple of days. Please give me the low 80's over the low 90's.

I did manage to sew a little bit tonight and the sewing room is very, very warm. The kiddo is having a carnival at school and needed bean bags. So, tonight I cut them out and finished them. I'm a week ahead, too. Normally, I would be doing this around midnight the night before it was needed. Next on the list, candy for the carnival. Gotta have prizes for those who win.

Then, I found a older sewing CD - The Ultimate Shirts & T-Shirts collection from See It, Sew It! by Heather Clause(?). Perfect for sitting outside with the laptop. This CD is really stuffed with a lot of great information. She had so many great ideas and was really a little bit a head of time with her ideas but she didn't do well following through. Such a shame. She was very talented. I think in the end she was just burned out. Too many irons in the fire so to speak. I wasted a lot of money especially the last year or so she was around.

Think I'll head upstairs to the warm sewing room and put navy thread in the serger. That will put me one step closer to getting the cardigan done. Baby steps will get there, too. It will just take a little bit longer.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment