Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sewing Again!

The last few days has found me embroidering lace. It has been an experience and the first real project on my machine. I experience a couple of problems. One being the nesting problem. This is a well known problem with the Designer so I tried re-threading the machine, and reinserting the bobbin but neither worked. Then, I got a new bobbin and rewound the thread from the old bobbin onto it. Amazingly, this took care of the problem. So, how do you know if there is a problem with a bobbin? Oh, how I wish the bobbins were still metal instead of plastic.

So, back to the lace. All ten motifs have been stitched. Five of the motifs have been trimmed and the wash away stablizer removed. These are ready to be stitched together. Now, I need to make a decision on the width of the scarf - ~12" wide or ~15" wide. The fabric is a linen/rayon blend. Any ideas or does it really matter what the length is? I'm sure that when I'm finished with the scarf that I will be very tired of making narrow hems.

Ok, off to finish with my day. Lots to do - daily Post Office run (all orders have already been packaged), a manicure, then go pick up a friend for my son to hang out with, and hopefully, if all goes well, I will be cutting out my skirt and scarf this afternoon. I do still need to play with the embroidery for the skirt. Seems like it's going to be a busy day.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment