Last night, we made about a 3 foot cut in the carpeting diagonal from the door to see what the condition of the floors were where the closets had been for the orginal bedrooms. Yippee! No patching required. The floors will need to be sanded and refinished. Now, of course, this doesn't mean that there isn't a problem somewhere on the floor. That will be completely unknown until the carpeting is removed. I'm so happy about this. It is much easier to dust the hardwood than the be vacuuming. I do have area rugs and I may end up with some small ones in this room but I do like the hardwood floors. This also means that there will be new baseboards in this room. So that will be adding more renovation time to get those cut, painted, installed, and final coat.
Today, I've started working on the wall paper. I've sprayed it with a mixture of Downy and water. This is something new that one of the neighbors told me about. So, I'm giving it a try. I will let you know how well it works.
Happy Stitching! (I wish I was but fabric is coming!)