Sunday, August 31, 2008

Flannel PJs

A couple of weeks ago I found some cute flannel prints at JoAnns. One was a Scooby Doo with camo background and the other was a Sponge Bob sleeping print. Both are very cute. Little did I realize just how much my son has grown. I going to try to make some flannel pants from the Sponge Bob print but I'm a little short on fabric. So, what I think I'm going to do is make some really long shorts. I think that there may be enough fabric to make down to the knee or maybe I'll call my SIL and see if my nephew will like them. One way or the other something will get created with this fabric today.

The pattern stash contest starts tomorrow at Pattern Review. Have you gotten your patterns ready? I will be starting with a faux leather jacket for my son. This doesn't need to perfect as it will be for an Indiana Jones costume. Then, I will need a bag and a whip. We'll see what I can come up with for those two items. The next item is a pullover for my son. This is suppose to have a cobra embroidered on it then lettering will be done that says "COBRA". I haven't decided yet if I'm going to attempt the lettering on the embroidery machine or if I will make templates and let my son paint the letters on. Now, if I can get those 4 items done. This will be successful contest for me.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment