Friday, August 29, 2008


Yesterday, I decided that I would make pillowcases today. I needed a new pair. Generally, I make them with scallops and embroidery of some type. So, last night I spent the evening looking at embroidery designs. I have too many designs. Well, amazingly, I did not find anything that I thought was appropriate. So, I set about playing with my software to see if I could make a set of flowers or something but that didn't work out either. Then, it dawned it me that I should play with all those wonderful stitches on my new sewing machine.

This afternoon, I took out the lovely 100% cotton batiste that I like to make pillowcases with and tore the fabric to the length that I wanted. Then, starch the fabric. Ok, I ready to stitch. WRONG. Even though I have starched my fabric multiple times, I couldn't get the machine to stitch correctly. I finally gave up and used a stablizer. I know that I didn't use a stablizer the last time I made pillowcases. I did start, stop, and rip out stitches multiple times before I was happy with the stitching. The pillowcases will NOT be finished today as planned. Tomorrow they will be.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment