Saturday, August 23, 2008

Today is the day to start!

I see that there is a new contest at Sewing Review starting in September for the Pattern Stash. I love this contest or any other stashing contest. Why do I like this contest so much? I have a huge pattern stash. When I don't have time to sew, I purchase patterns and lots of them. I know that I couldn't possible sew enough to win the contest but I if use any of the patterns that are in my stash, I will be a winner.

I've already been thinking about making a small wardrobe for fall and almost all of the patterns haven't been used before. Here's what I have so far:

1. Loes Hinse Retro Jacket
2. Loes Hinse Euro Pants
3. Loes Hinse Tango Skirt (can't decide which one)
4. Loes Hinse V-Neck tunic
5. Textile Studio Santa Monica Tee (I have made this pattern before.)

For my son, I'm planning to make:

1. A pullover shirt which will have a cobra embroidered on it and possibly lettering painted on.
2. A leather-look jacket for a costume.
3. PJs (always welcomed)

My son is tall and skinny. This makes it a little tough because matching his measurements to a pattern always ends up with length issues. Just a small challenge.

Ok, I'm guess I should go do a little bit of laundry, a little bit of ironing, a little bit of cleaning, a little bit of gardening, and a little bit of sewing. Hope I make it to the sewing part....


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment