Monday, August 17, 2026

Inspiration...Top & Skirt

 We are winding down into the hot part of the year where I am.  It is still hot but you are wanting to move more to fall colors.  Here is a great little set:



This is the Streamlined Tank and Streamlined A-line Skirt from Jill.  Price tag tank: $69.00.  Price tag skirt: $89.00.  Details tank:  crew neck, button keyhole back, side slits, mid-hip length, polyester/rayon/spandex blend fabric, machine wash cold.  Details skirt:  sits below waist with flat front and elasticitized back waistband, side zip, tailored fit, seam detailing with straddle stitch, about 30-inches long, polyester/rayon/spandex, dry-clean only.  

I love the look of this outfit.  I even love the color.  However, the dry-clean only is a bit off putting because I know I would not want to do and try to wash it on gentle cycle and hang dry.  It might work and it might not work.   Here are some thoughts on patterns - 

Tank:


This is the Phoebe Tank by fabric-stores.com.  I think this would be a great pattern for the inspiration tank.  It does not have the keyhole back opening but that is okay in my box.  This pattern takes a little bit of time to fit but is a great pattern.

Skirt:


This is the Seamwork Arbor Skirt pdf pattern. This is a full a-line skirt with in-seam pockets and an invisible zipper.

Hope you are inspired to create something wonderful.  

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment