It is time to start working on fall/winter items. I started my first item with the Itch to Stitch Brisas Pullover. Here is the line drawings:
I found an interesting fabric for my muslin. It was a very inexpensive fabric for the test garment. I hope it will work. After reading through the directions, I chose a 14 for the upper bodice with 18 below the bust. I will also transfer the size 18 armscye and sleeve.
The fabric that I chose for the muslin can be seen here. It is a light weight sweater knit. Matching the stripe is not going to be easy, if even possible. Since I had plenty of fabric, I chose to fuzzy cut the collar, sleeve cuffs, and hem band.
Here is the completed test garment:
I think the muslin turned out fairly well. It is too hot to wear this much but I need to wear it around a bit to see if it will sit correctly before cutting the fabric intended for this pattern. If it pulls back, I need to add a little length at the back. That is something that I do on many garments.
Overall, I think this is a solid pattern. The hardest part was the zipper installation and I took my time with it. I do not know how many of these pullovers I want to make but I do like it a lot.
I am an Itch to Stitch affiliate. Any purchases made through the links on this page will result in a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you!
Happy Stitching!




No comments:
Post a Comment