Thursday, September 5, 2024

Inspiration...Pleated Blouse

 Sometimes, blouses can just be beautiful and I think this is just that:


This is the Pleated Point Collar Silk Blouse from LilySilk.  Price tag: $ 179.00.  Details:  silk, straight cut with regular fit, concealed mother of pearl button placket, pleat detailing, back yoke, single button cuff.

I had a pattern similar to this in the 80s from McCall's, I think.  I loved the blouse but the pleats were not right on the pattern.  So, it was a bit fuzzy. I poked around a little bit in google but could not find a similar pattern.  Not close at all.  

I looked around for a tutorial and found this one for tucks to a blouse.  The concept would be the same with the tutorial but you would be added a deeper tuck.  Poking around in heirloom sewing would probably produce some instructions.  Here is an article on How to manipulate fabric with tucks.  This article has a lot of information.

Hope you are inspired to create something wonderful.

Happy Stitching!






No comments:

Post a Comment