Monday, September 9, 2024

Inspiration...Striped Shirt

 I really like the idea of this shirt.  It is a little more fitting than previous inspiration shirts:


This is the Kennedy Striped Cotton Shirt by Lafayette 148 New York. Price tag: $598.00.  Details: approximately 25-inches from shoulder to hem, long sleeves, button cuffs, back yoke, shirttail hem, relaxed fit, cotton, unlined, handwash.  Details not mentioned:  bust darts and back vertical darts. 

I really like the idea of this shirt but I do not really like the green/beige stripes.  I think a blue/gray stripe would be much better.  Do you think I could find a fabric like that?  This shirt is the Classic Shirt by Liesl & Co.   The back darts would be just a fitting detail or they could just look like a fitting detail.  That type of dart does not need to be very wide/deep.  The front dart could/should be draped should you need it.  Here is the Classic Shirt:


I will be watching a fabric that is a two-toned stripe that will work in my wardrobe colors.  Can you have too many shirts?  Hope you are inspired to create something wonderful.

Happy Stitching!





No comments:

Post a Comment