Wednesday, September 25, 2024

First Item For Fall/Winter..

The first item for fall/winter is completed.  Here it is:



I do not have a photographer right now.  I will photgraph the skirt with the intended blouse, later.

As stated in an earlier post, I decided to go with Butterick 5668 View A.  My inspiration was in this post.  I thought the selected pattern was a very good copy of the inspiration witht the exception of the pockets.  My fabric is more of a check than a herringbone but it is good.  

The pattern is from the early-to-mid 2000s.  As skirts go, it was fairly straight forward to make with the following expections:

1. I had to enlarge the pattern.  I used the pivot/slide technique that Nancy Zieman was an advocate for.  This was not a difficult thing to do.

2.  I chose not to make a muslin.  To my surprise, the pockets did not match.  So, if you are making this pattern adjust the pockets before cutting out.

3.  The hip curve is very pronounced.  So much that I am going to need to figure out how to adjust it.  I have made many pencils skirt in the past but I do not remember any of them having a obvious curve in the hip area.  It could be that the skirt is hanging lower than intended when I tried it on.  

Hopefully, my skirt will get lots of wear.  Right now, I only have a black sweater to go with it.  I did order some fabric that I thought would go with it but I am not sure about the dark navy and black going together.  Thoughts?

Here are pictures of my other challenges:




My sweet little kittens just had to be involved.  Everything is so interesting - scissors, pins, needles, seam ripper, rulers, tape measure, sewing machine... I think you get the idea.  

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment