Monday, August 14, 2023

Inspiration...Long Skirt

 I enjoy wearing skirts with boots in the winter.  I find them warm just because of all the layers.  This skirt caught my eye because of it's simple shape:


This is the Slit-Hem Wool Tricotine A-Line Midi Skirt by Akris Punto.  Price tag: $595.00.  Details: A-line silhouette, falls below knee, invisible side zip, virgin wool, lined with cupro, dry clean.  Model is 5'10".  

I like the look of the skirt but I do not want a lined wool skirt that is dry clean only.  I am thinking I can find a nice fabric that I can line and still be happy.  The first pattern that I thought of was a pattern long out of print:


This is the Brussels Skirt pattern by Textiles Studio Patterns.  This is from the nineties and it is a super quick make.  This is a straight skirt instead of an a-line.  This pattern is hiding in my pattern collection and worth pulling out and using.  I do not think I would make the skirt that long but I did the last time I made it.  


This is another vintage pattern McCall's 6263.  View A looks like a dead ringer for the inspiration.  There are copies available on the web.  Sizing might be an issue.  

Something to consider - you do not need to purchase a new pattern for every item you want to make.  If you have an existing a-line skirt pattern but it does not have a center front seam.  Create one.  Save those dollars for beautiful fabric.

Hope you are inspired to make something wonderful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment