Thursday, August 10, 2023

The Act of Sewing Book...

 Back in October of last year, I invested in the Act of Sewing by Sonya Philip with the intention of playing with the patterns over winter.  Somewhere around that time period, I got Covid and spent three long weeks with it.  At this point, I got the top pattern traced in a size that I thought was appropriate at the time.  This pattern is very much like Shirt No 1 in the 100 Acts of Sewing pattern line.  I was really looking forward to playing and trying various modifications.  Fast forward a couple of weeks, I tripped and fall fracturing my knee cap.  This was 12 long weeks of definitely not being able to sew.  Then we decided to move my Mom to an apartment.  There went another 2 months of helping with packing, moving, unpacking, selling a house and goods in the house, closing on the house, etc.  

Now we are into April, spring sewing is here but where is my boo?.  Here it is August and I have found my book with the already traced pattern.  Maybe this will be my late fall/winter playing this year. It will definitely be in between other projects because I have many projects already planned for fall/winter.  

Here is what I am planning:

1.  Make the top pattern as is and get it fitted. 

2.  Modify the top pattern for a v neckline.

3.  Modify the top pattern with a split front.

Now, I just need to figure out how much fabric need for each project and whether or not there is stash fabric available for the project.  If I do not have fabric to make a muslin or a top, I will purchase some fabric.  Muslin fabric will come from the walmart pre-cut bin.  The finished project will be whatever I find and I am willing to wear. 

Have you seen this book and work through it?  What were your results?  Happy  or not happy.  

Happy Stitching!

PS...Remember to check out Darla Sews at Destashify.  I add new items frequently.  Please, help me bring my stash under control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment