Monday, June 26, 2023

Inspiration...Sheath Dress

 I am all for a good dress in the heat of summer.  


This is the Postcards-Print Vintage Cotton Canvas Sheath Dress by Lafayette 148 New York.  Price tag: $898.00.  Details:  Jewel neckline, sleeveless, vertical waist darts, hem around knee, a-line silhouette, invisible back zipper, unlined, length approximately 35 1/2-inches, dry-clean only.  Model is 5'10".  

This dress is all about the fabric.  I do not know that I have ever seen fabric exactly like this.  If you have, please send me a link.  As far as a pattern goes, I am going with my fall back shift dress pattern:


Yep, New Look 6500.  This is a classic shift dress pattern.  All you need to do is add some waist darts front and back to snug it up (or not).  

Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment