Monday, May 15, 2023

Inspiration...Shirtdress

 I know it is the color of this dress that is drawing me in.  Here is the perfect shirtdress for summer:


This is the Lafayette 148 New York Shibori Organic Cotton Chambray Dress. Price tag: $998.00. Details: flared silhouette, shirt collar, dropped shoulder, dolman short sleeve, hidden button placket, sash tie belt, side pockets, pleated bodice, elastic back waist, lower calf length, 100% cotton.  Model is 5'11".

This dress reminds me very much of a Calvin Klein dress that I had in the 80s/90s and I loved that dress. As for a pattern, I was unable to locate a dolman sleeved shirtdress pattern.  Could you create a pattern yourself? Probably.  Just merged a dolman sleeve onto a shirtdress pattern that has already been fitted.    

Happy Stitching!

PSS... I did find a similar dress.  It is an 80s pattern - McCalls 4176 -







No comments:

Post a Comment