Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Easy Sewing...

 Sometimes you just have to make little things because you can not find the item.  I have been trying to control the mess in the kitchen a bit more now that I have a little of free time.  I purchased this item:


This is a little box from Target that I thought would corral the vinegar and oil bottles that tend to sit around my counter.  My idea was that the box would make it a little easy to clean the counter by not having to pick up and move a bunch of bottles.  I think it worked:

I did put a paper towel in the bottom but realized that a better solution would be to make a fabric pad to sit everything on that could be washed from time to time.  I found this little black/white polka dot fabric in the fat quarters at Wal-mart.  This project does not require a quality fabric.  Here is the fabric:


The inside measurements of the box are 13 3/4-inches x 4-inches.  I added 1/2-inch to each measurement for the seam allowance.  Here is the finished product:



Easy peasy.  I wish all sewing was as quick and easy as this.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment