Friday, February 18, 2022

McCall's Early Spring Pattern Picks...

 It is that time of year where the new patterns are starting to come out.  The McCall's Early Spring patterns have landed.  Sadly, McCall's does not actually target my age group but this release reminds me of my teenage years.  Here are my picks:


This is McCall's 8256.  This is pull-over tops with gathers and binding.  I am particularly drawn to the View A and View B.  


This is McCall's 8260.  I have a love of loose, flowy skirts and this pattern appears to deliver this with the skirt, shorts, and culottes.


This is McCall's 8263.  This is classic style guayabera shirt.  This style of shirt often has embroidery from the shoulder to the hem and yes, it has the four pockets.  The pockets would also reflect any decoration (i.e., pleats, embroidery, etc).  This pattern may well end up in my stash so I can sew for my guys.


This is McCall's 8265.  This infant pattern has some great little basics in it.  Not sure about the little headband or hats.  That is something I could never keep on my son's head--any type of hat.

Well, that is it for this release.  What did you think was interesting?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment