Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Books, Books, and More Books

 Yes, I purchased more books.  I have a thing for books.  They are pure entertainment.  There was an author from the 70s and 80s that did some fantastic sewing related books and I happened upon a couple that I had not heard of before.  Both books are machine embroidery related.   Here they are:

The is the older of the two books.  It is from the 70s.  This is before electronic machines.  Just flipping though reminds a little of the Singer Instructions for Art Embroidery and Lace Work (yes, this book is also in my library). 


This book is from the mid-80s.  It seems to be an updated version of the previous book.  It talks a bit about the automated stitches.  Yes, this is the early computerized sewing machines.  By the time this book was printed, I owned a Necchi Logica 592.  It was in impulse buy but I loved that machine.  I was spoiled and didn't realize it until much later.

Since the two books are so similar, I may work through sections of the book and share the results.  

Have you seen either of these books?  My library contains a quilting book by Robbie and Tony Fanning.  If you can find a copy, it is worth every penny.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment