Friday, October 16, 2020

Seamwork Rhett Muslin Round 3

The next round of changes to the Rhett jacket are here.  I basted all of the previous changes in so I could see what was going on.  Starting with the back:


The back looks reasonably well.  It might be a little wide on me but I am going with it.  There is 1/2-inch rounded back adjustment about 1 1/2" from the neckline.  Here's some side shots:



This side shot looks much better than the side shots without the dart.  I think the pinned in dart looks like it is a bit too long.  I think it will be backed off by 1/2-inch.  

With the exception of the "pocket hack", I think this jacket is ready.  I will be working on the pattern changes.  This is actually the hard part.  Some changes affect others so, I will need to get that worked out and hope that the changes from the muslin to the pattern translate well.  Here's links to the other posts on the Rhett jacket:

Round 1 - straight from the pattern

Round 2 - some of the changes.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment