Friday, October 9, 2020

Inspiration...Midi Skirt

 I really like that the midi skirt is returning.  This is such a good style of skirt.  Here's a lovely skirt with interesting details:


This is the Aurelie Midi Skirt by Skye.  Price tag: $165.00.  Details:  aline, vertical pleats, back elastic waist, high waist, length for a size small is 34.4".  Here's a close up of the pocket detail:


Notice the pleating is actual part of the pocket detail.  Love this detail.

Folks, I was unable to locate a pattern with the trouser styling and a back waist.  The closest that I could find is this pattern:



This is My Basic Jean Skirt pattern from Silhouette Patterns.  This will only give you the trouser details for the front of the skirt. Note that this isn't high-waisted.  Adding the pleats are probably the easiest thing to do here.   Here are the steps I would use:

1.  Trace pattern.
2.   Decide on added length and sweep of the skirt.
3.   Decide where the three pleats should be and how wide.
4.   Draw the line from the pocket to the hem where the pleats are indicated.
5.   Draw three sets of parallel lines the Length of the skirt and width apart that was determined in #3.
6.   Cut the one of line drawn in #4 and add one of the set of the parallel lines.  Repeat for each pleat.  

Hope that makes sense.  Now, I don't know if this will create the interesting pocket line or not.  It would definitely take some playing.  

Friends if you know of a pattern that is closer to the inspiration picture, let me know and I will add it to the post.

Update: I have located another skirt pattern that may indeed work.  Here is the line drawing:

This is the Blandine Skirt pattern by Republique du Chiffon.  What do you think?


Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment