Thursday, October 15, 2020

Seamwork Rhett Muslin Round 2....

 After looking closely at the pictures from Round 1, I decided to make minor changes to this round.  Here's a glimpse:



The changes to the muslin here are:

1.  added collar

2.  added sleeve hems and jacket hem

3.  Remove 1" from each shoulder seam.

I think that the shoulder seams are in a better place now.  I really should have been the tuck down a bit further but we'll save that for the next round. I'm not sure about the length shown here.  Let's see what the side view looks like:


Now from the side with my hair out of the way, you can see two things:

1. The collar is standing away from my neck which indicates that I need a rounded back adjustment.

2. The front is much shorter and appears to stand away from my body which indicates that a bust dart is required.  This will added length where is it needed.

I think I am okay with the sleeve length.  It is a little bit long but not some much that I want to do something about it.  Really, this is not a bad list of changes.  It will be important to do them in order though as the round back adjustment will make the jacket fit a little bit differently in the front.  

I am going to say that I have never shortened a shoulder seam before.  Nothing like learning something new.  I will actually be following information provided in the classroom section of Seamwork for this modification but I found similar information at Curvy Sewing Collective here.

I am a member at Seamwork.  The classroom is part of the subscription.  If you were to use one of the Seamwork links here to purchase a monthly or yearly subscription, you would get a $3 discount and I will get a small benefit.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment