Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Seamwork Design Your Wardrobe...

Another Seamwork Design Your Wardrobe has ended.  I have been an member at Seamwork for a couple of years and have participated in the Design Your Wardrobe multiple times.  It really is a good exercise if your want to spend your time examining your wardrobe - what needs replacing, what needs to be added, are they any holes, etc.  I have never followed through with the intended wardrobes.  Just the fun in planning it, picking patterns and fabric.   This time around I decided to concentrate on just a couple of looks.  Here are my plans:

1.  Seamwork Bertie dress pattern with the member hack.  This will be in a gray tencil twill.  The pattern has been fitted and I have almost finished the dress.

2.  Seamwork Rhett jacket pattern.  This will be made in a navy Chore Coat fabric.  The pattern hasn't been fitted yet.

3.  Love Notions Duet Trousers pattern.  This will be made in a dark grey fabric.  The pattern hasn't been fitted yet and will be fitted in both a knit and a woven.  I would also like pants in black and navy.

4. Colette Aster top pattern.  This top hasn't got fabric planned yet.  It will most likely be a navy/grey/pink print of some sort.  It could very well be in the stash already.  That would be best.  This pattern has not been fitted yet but it is very similar to the Bertie pattern and I have laid the patterns down together to see what the differences are.  

I think the jacket can be worn with the dress and the top/pants.  It's possible it will too casual but that is my life these days...casual.

Do you plan out what you are going to make or just sew one piece at a time?  Normally, I would do one piece at a time which works out sometimes and sometimes does not.  I'm trying to do a little more planning and then follow through.  There has been a lot of documenting of planned projects/purchases and what actually gets created this year.  It has made me really realized how slow I sew.  So instead of planning large quantities of clothing, I am going to concentrate on just a few and see I if I can finish them without getting overwhelmed or getting distracted.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment