Monday, September 28, 2020

Inspiration...Drawstring Blouse

 Here is a slightly different version of the blouse:



This is the Akris punto Sashiko Flower Print Drawstring Blouse.  Price tag:  $795.00.  Details:  Kent collar, hidden button placket, long sleeves, drawstring waistband.  In looking at close ups of this, the sleeves do have cuffs.  

As always, this looks very much like the same two patterns that I usually talk about just some slight styling details - long length, elastic or drawstring waistband.

For patterns, check this post here.  It includes information on duplicating the hidden button placket.  Here's a tutorial for adding a drawstring to a jacket - here.  It would be the same technique to add to a blouse.  Personally, I think I would just an elastic casing.

As for the kent collar, I did a lot of searching on this and I think it is a spread collar.  I really couldn't find anything that suggested that they were not the same collar.  If you can find something, please let me know.

Hope you're inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment